Another Week Down

Friday, August 1, 2008

So we had yet another presentation today and surprise surprise, we lost...again. In all fairness to us, I think it's the judges. You can never please them. One week they want this, next week they want that. I hope we really get to choose the judges for the final presentation so we can get John McKay who actually knows what to notice in a presentation. And then you have FirstAmendment with all their singing and poetry and dancing. They just have it all don't they. They went first and we thought right off the bat they would win because they were creative with the dancing and stuff. I think if we put more effort and practice more for our presentations, we might actually please the judges. We should start working on the next one Monday.

I don't remember what went on when we got up there because it's always a blur. I do remember being really disorganized and when we got off, I was sure we lost. HL Flow was next and their presentation was ok but like the facts were a bit messed up and the video didn't tie into the music theme. The judges however, seemed to really enjoy it cause they ended up giving it to them. At first I was annoyed that we lost but then I realized it was better for HL Flow to get one win than FA winning three times in a row.

The individual points were announced and I was in 9th place but I'm not sweating it cause I know next week it'll change. This week we're in last place, FA in second, and HL Flow in first. We gotta bring that up cause I hate losing and FA talks too much shit. This week was definitely not one of the better ones; midterms and papers at school and goofs and spiteful blogs at HL.

I think that it's good that my group had some problems this week cause if not, then I'm sure it would have simmered and bubbled over in the next few days. I hope that's all behind us cause I really do hate drama. Next week is like the last week and I know that it is going to be a very busy week. Hopefully we'll keep the goofs to a minimum and rack up the points to be in first place cause last place just doesn't suit Ambush.

0 comments: