The Counselor: Prelude

Monday, July 28, 2008

After a long nite of rest, i wake up to the banging of my cousin's feet on my bed. i look at the clock and its 7:32am.  instead of layin down for another 15 minutes and later running late for work, i take a shower and prepare my ironed outfitt for a hopefully peaceful day at work...NOT!


 I am a full time camp counselor at The Dunlevy Milbank Center in Harlem. i have to attend my job daily at 9am to annoying, headache giving 9 and 10 year olds. As a camp counselor, i am left with handsfull of kids form all over the New york City area, mostly from harlem. it is my job to give these kids a learning, interestig and discilplinary experience. However, it is hard to fufill such a task when u have to repeat things more than 10 times and deal with disrespect, immaturity and strees from time to time. there are other times where i do share laughter, fun and sometimes bond with the kids i work with.

do yuo wanna knoe more about being a Milbank counselor? stayed tuned for the next episode...

0 comments: