Meetings, Meetings, MEETINGS!!!

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

So yea yesterday was fun. We, Team Ambush, were there for the most part although we were missing a few members. It seems like the whole team is never there together but the majority was there which was good. We all took a journalism class with Blair and then we had a series of meetings. First I had a small one with Rich and he told me informed me about upcoming events that my team should be involved in. He also told me about the switch ups within HL. Immediately following that, we had a meeting with our alumni advisor, Shelise. She was pretty cool and knows a lot about HL considering she was Editor-in-Chief. Her team also won the SYMC challenge two years ago. I am so glad that she is our advisor because I would be nervous of any team that had her because she is too valuable. I think she will help us get very far in this competition. Once Shelise got us working, Kumasi, our Adult Advisor came through and checked up on us and took Naiquan out to do some POS's. We were also introduced to Lon, another Adult Advisor who is great with videos. With all of these great influences, I don't see how we can lose. Kumasi plans on getting in touch with us to schedule a media site visit at ABC which I am really excited about. I have a lot of things to talk to my team about regarding stories and hours. It is a bit difficult being a leader but since I like my team, I think I will overcome. Nella, Stephen, and myself went bike riding yesterday and the bike ripped one of the legs in my jeans. I had to go home with a big, gaping rip in my pants. It was so mortifying but I like to think it builds character. I am disappointed that my team is in last place points wise but I think we'll catch up once every hands in their points sheet. We have to get organized, we'll be unstoppable.

0 comments: