Social Gathering

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

So I had a really wonderful time yesterday at the alumni gathering. It was really fun. We left HL a little later than Coco would have liked and he let everyone know it but it was all good. We got to the place at about 5p m and things got a little messy because they wouldn't let us go through the front door so we had to go through the service entry. It was kind of hard bringing things in and it took us a good 20 minutes to get everything inside and it was not easy. So we get there and start setting up and I'm like making all of the platters really pretty with appetizers. The board of trustees were the first to arrive because they had a meeting earlier and I guess it was nearby. Savasia, Shaquoya, Coco, and myself were introduced to a bunch of people but since we had to finish up in the kitchen so we didn't get a chance to speak to them until later on. Sely and Rich tried to get us to like get out there and talk to people but we were nervous so we stuck together even though we didn't really know each other cause we're all in different groups. Then Savasia got up to talk and she was really nervous but she did such a great job. We had a good time and David, who hosted the whole thing, has the cutest twin daughters. It was fun and by the end of the night, I'd gotten the hang of networking. I met a lot of alumni and friends of HL and learned a lot from one guy in particular. His name is Marc and he is the editor of the weekend review for the NY Times and he talked to us for like 30 minutes about journalism and like being detached and stuff. I also met this guy named Justin who works for NBC and they both invited us to stop by their sites so that will be fun. It was a good night and I had a good time; I think we all did even Coco. I can't wait for Columbia!!!:)

0 comments: