Train Travels

Thursday, July 31, 2008


So today we went out to midtown to get some footage of music in various places. I think it went really well. First we went to Times Square and got this blues band called Mississippi Delta and they were really good. Then we took the shuttle to Grand Central and found two musicians. The first one was a violinist and he was really nice to us. The second was this band. I couldn't tell you what kind of music they were playing but it sounded good. They had a pimp though and he wouldn't let us film them. So Dori and Stephen set the camera up discreetly and they got some but part of it is partially blocked because Dori's boob was in the way.

After that we went to Union Square because there's always a lot going on there. Our timing couldn't have been better because every Thursday, they have this thing called Summer in the Square and they have bands play and we got footage of one. It was good but it was really hot and the sun was shining right down on us. We didn't get to go to Bryant Park because Stephen said they wouldn't have enough time to edit the video. We got back and Kennequa, Jimmy, and myself went on a story at this place called Black Inc Gallery.

It turns out that HL Flow came earlier and basically did the same story. It was ok though cause the staff was really nice to us and gave us more access than they did HL Flow. I know ours will be better though. We got back a little late and there turned out to be some trouble with the video editing. I hope it all works out but I'm preparing myself for the possibility that we won't have a video for tomorrow's presentation. We want to win but First Amendment keeps coming out on top presentation wise. I know that things are different with my team know but I just hope that we can pull together and win this.

0 comments: