LOSERS? I THINK NOT

Saturday, July 26, 2008

So what a day! Let me go all the way to the beginning of it. I got to HL at about 12pm and there were already people there. I got to work on our presentation and did that until the meeting. I was a bit worried by the time the meeting rolled around, only myself and Allana were present. By the time we had to leave, only Eric had arrived. At the meeting we were briefed and then we watched this video with this tv show host that couldn't stop laughing at his guests. We got to the library and met up with Chanellya and Jimmy and later Stephen and Jennifer.

While we were there, the security guard who works there came over to our table and started messing with us and using foul language and Nella told him to go away while I asked him why he used that kind of language. Then he and Nella got into it and it escalated and he and I got into it and then this guy sitting at another table tried to help us out and they got into it. It was really bad and we couldn't even call security because he is security. We need to find a different location because that library won't work anymore. So we got back to HL and hung out until the judges arrived.

One of the judges was the guy from NBC, Justin, we met at the alumni thing on Tuesday. He brought along his friend Hoda who's a host on the Today show. She was really nice and went around introducing herself which no other judge has ever done. The presentations began and HL Flow went first and they were ok. Next up was First Amendment and at first I thought it was ok but then Tyvon started talking and it was like really emotional and then here comes Shaquoya and her damn poem and I am starting to get worried because it was really good. I'm thinking like we have to beat that.

Finally it's our turn and the nerves are eating me up and I start talking and I feel really disoriented and I can't remember what I was gonna say. We go on and it's all a blur as things usually are when I'm up there. Our presentation went on a bit longer than expected all I'm hearing is that we're disqualified for going over the time limit and I'm hearing that it was good but I talked too much which is true but I'm just like whatever. So the judges are taking a good long time to deliberate and I'm pretty sure we're disqualified.

Finally they come out and Sely announces that we're ok cause the other teams were short. So Hoda goes on and gives each team an evaluation and she's going on and on about how much she loved us but I'm already losing hope because she isn't going in order, she left First Amendment for last so that basically says it all. I hold onto what little hope I have but then she announces that they won. I'm really upset at this point because I thought we should have won or there should have been a tie or something. I was really excited for this presentation and I hate losing and I'm pretty sure that FA will get the most points this week because they have 1000 more points. So Sely comes and announces the individual points.

As I'm listening, I hear more and more of my teammates names being called but I don't hear my own. The closer she gets to number one the more nervous I get because I'm not hearing my name and we're at number one and drum roll and she says my name. That made me smile since I was still upset over the loss. And Francesca who was upset herself over some other things smiles as well cause Sely confirms that she did win last week and we'll both get our prizes. Sely then announces that Team Ambush is first place in points once again for the second week in a row. It kind of made up for the presentation loss but then Rich goes and ruins it by taking our email editor who also happened to be a judge and gives him to FA because we weren't using him. I was so pissed. I'm pretty sure he didn't do that to any other team and he's like copping FA out cause they can't find one on their own. I was really angry but I'm over it now.

I can say that this was a good week but we have a lot of things to do. Next week is going to be super busy because I want everything done by Thursday so that we can start working on the tv show. I'm hype we winning but I know this week there will be a shift so we just have to stay on top. Nana and Doriluz were MIA yesterday and that shows our problem with attendance and communication. Another thing that needs work on. But overall we're good. We just have to stay that way. TEAM AMBUSH ALL DAY!!!!

0 comments: